If you follow my blog, you know this boy loves a pool party. Makes sense! I live in Palm Springs and throw them all the time. Pool parties should be about bright, fun foods - and nothing shouts bright and fun more than my Pretzel Salad Cups. By the way, you can play with any color you want for these, by changing up the Jello flavor and adding food color for football games, gender reveals, and any number of other celebrations by the pool or patio! Today, I'm going with an orange Aperol Spritz theme since those drinks are a mainstay at a pool party.
Pretzel Salad Cups
1. In large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of crushed pretzels, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
2. Spread this mix onto a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
3. Remove the mixture from the oven, and spoon a layer into the bottom of six small serving cups.
4. In a medium size mixing bowl, beat 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 8 ounces of cool whip, and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, until smooth. Spread a layer of this onto the pretzel layer.
5. In another mixing bowl, dissolve 1 six-ounce box of Jello (your choice of flavor, I like to use peach) with 2 cups of boiling water.
6. Allow to cool completely, then stir in 2 cups of fresh peach slices and one 8-ounce can of crushed pineapple. Spread a layer of this on top of the cream cheese layer.
7. Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to set in the fridge for about 3 hours. Before serving, garnish with a dollop of whip cream and some more peach chunks on top.