Updated: Nov 17, 2022
You have to make this recipe and let it become a tradition. The thought of creamed corn rarely thrills people. But this turns creamed corn on its head, and it’s the perfect Thanksgiving accompaniment. And … duh … how could it not be with Ritz® crackers all the top? Do it up and make me proud.
Here are your ingredients:
n 2 eggs
n 2 c. heavy cream
n 2 T. brown sugar
n 2 T. chopped chives
n ¼ t. nutmeg
n Kosher salt
n Ground black pepper
n 2 16-oz. bags frozen corn, thawed
n 1 1/3 c. Ritz® crackers, crushed
n 8 T. (1 stick) butter, melted
n 1 T. lemon zest
n Chives or parsley, for garnish
Now put it all together!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
2. Beat the eggs, cream, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the chives and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Now stir in the corn.
3. In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the crushed Ritz® crackers with 6 tablespoons of the melted butter. Stir this mixture into the corn mixture and then pour into the prepared baking dish.
4. Toss the remaining 1/3 cup of crushed Ritz® crackers with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter and the lemon zest. Sprinkle over the corn mixture.
5. Bake uncovered until the topping is golden brown and the dish is bubbly-hot around the edges. If desired, garnish with chopped chives or chopped parsley.
Bring this to the holiday feast and you'll be a star!